Security & Baggage
Everything you need to know about security restrictions and baggage rules at MMA2
All departing and transfer passengers traveling via Murtala Muhammad Airport Terminal 2 and their baggage are scanned at security checkpoints to prevent prohibited items from letting inside the security restricted areas and aircraft.
The scanning methods carried out at the security check-points are conducted by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority in accordance with the Aviation Security (AVSEC) team following the recommendations of international organizations, such as the ICAO and the ECAC.
Please consider the following explanations to fasten the security checkpoint processes.
Things You Should Consider When Passing Through the Terminal Entrance Security Checkpoint:
- Do not hurry at security checkpoints.
- Complying with the information and directions provided by the personnel at security checkpoints will facilitate your safe and fast passage.
- Leave the items which can trigger the door detector’s alarm (mobile phone, keys, coins, etc.) into plastic trays for X-ray device control.
- Take off your belt, jacket, coat, blazer etc. at the X-Ray machine preparation table and place them in plastic trays.
- Take laptops, cameras and large electronic devices out of their cases and place them in separate plastic trays.
- There is no restriction on liquids (except dangerous liquids) at terminal entrances security checkpoints.
- Make sure to take all your belongings before leaving the X-Ray device area.
Be prepared when you reach security
- All cabin baggage will be X-ray screened.
- Place laptops and large electrical items separately in a tray after removing outer casing or sleeve.
- Put coins, keys, mobile phones and other small items in your coat or hand baggage. Place your hand baggage and coat into a tray.
- Place any liquid items, correctly bagged, into the tray.
- Pushchairs are subject to hand search and walking aids will be X-ray screened.
- Wheelchairs will be thoroughly searched.
Follow us on Social media for real-time information