Security & Baggage
Everything you need to know about security restrictions and baggage rules at MMA2
All departing and transferring passengers travelling via Murtala Muhammad Airport Terminal 2 and their baggage are screened at security check points to prevent prohibited items from entering the security-restricted areas and aircraft.
The screening of passengers, cabin and hold baggage is carried out at the security checkpoints and conducted by aviation security personnel of Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Limited (BASL) and Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) by the extant laws governing aviation security provided by the regulatory body, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).
Please consider the following explanations to fasten the security checkpoint processes.
Things You Should Consider When Passing Through the Terminal Entrance Security Checkpoint:
- Do not hurry at security checkpoints.
- Complying with the information and directions provided by the personnel at security checkpoints will facilitate your safe and fast passage.
- Drop the items that trigger the door detector’s alarm (mobile phone, keys, coins, etc.) into plastic trays for X-ray device control.
- Please take off your belt, jacket, coat, blazer, etc. at the X-Ray machine preparation table and place them in plastic trays.
- Take laptops, cameras, and large electronic devices out of their cases and place them in separate plastic trays.
- There is no restriction on liquids (except dangerous liquids) at terminal entrances security checkpoints.
- Make sure to pick up all your belongings before leaving the X-Ray device area.
Be prepared when you reach the Security Checkpoints
- All cabin/hold baggage will be screened with X ray machine.
- Place laptops and large electrical items separately in a tray after removing the outer casing or sleeve.
- Put coins, keys, mobile phones, and other small items in your coat or hand baggage. Place your hand baggage and coat into a tray.
- Place any liquid items, correctly bagged, into the tray.
- Pushchairs are subject to hand search while walking aids will be X-ray screened.
- Wheelchairs will be searched.
Follow us on Social media for real-time information